Friday, February 24, 2012

[YouTube-API] Re: YouTube Direct and Video IDs

You mean by altering the YouTube Direct application, right? So I would
need someone who knows Java? Do you think is possible to get what I
need in this way? Anyway, thanks again!

On 24 Feb, 22:18, Jeffrey Posnick <je...@google.com> wrote:
> Hello Aise,
>
>  I'm sorry, but that's the extent of the information you could get out
> of the stock YouTube Direct installation. I think you're going to have
> to find someone who could write the necessary code for you if you want
> to proceed.
>
> Cheers,
> -Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
> groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
> @YouTubeDev
>
> On Feb 23, 8:54 am, Aise <chalengine....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I managed to get the list of submissions in the JSON-RPC test page,
> > but it seems it's not exactly what I need, since I get all details
> > from each video, while I just need the video ID of the new video
> > submitted and I need it at the moment which the user submits it, to be
> > processed in PHP and stored along other variables, such as the
> > category/page of my site in which it was submitted, the username (from
> > my site account, not Google/YouTube) of the submitter, etc... I hope I
> > managed to explain what I mean!
>
> > On 22 Feb, 13:38, Aise <chalengine....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi, thank you very much for your answer... But unfortunately, it's a
> > > little too advanced for me, since I just know some basic PHP but
> > > nothing about JSON, JavaScript or Java... However, I added the
> > > @NonAdmin as you said and re-deployed the app, then tried to test
> > > {"method":"GET_VIDEO_SUBMISSIONS","params":
> > > {"sortBy":"created","sortOrder":"desc","filterType":"all","pageIndex":"1"," ­­
> > > pageSize":"10"}}
> > > but I only get this output:
> > > {"error":"The JsonDeserializer StringTypeAdapter failed to
> > > deserialized json object {\"sortBy\":\"created\",\"sortOrder\":\"desc
> > > \",\"filterType\":\"all\",\"pageIndex\":\"1\",\"\u00adpageSize\":
> > > \"10\"} given the type class java.lang.String"}
>
> > > On 21 Feb, 23:47, Jeffrey Posnick <je...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Hello Aise,
>
> > > >  You could use the JSON-RPC capabilities in the YouTube Direct
> > > > instance to get a list of submissions in JSON format. You'd want to
> > > > POST tohttps://APP_ID.appspot.com/jsonrpcwithsomethingalongthe
> > > > lines of
>
> > > >   {"method":"GET_VIDEO_SUBMISSIONS","params":
> > > > {"sortBy":"created","sortOrder":"desc","filterType":"all","pageIndex":"1"," ­­pageSize":"10"}}
>
> > > > (modify as you see fit). You can play around with this by visiting
>
> > > >  https://APP_ID.appspot.com/admin/jsonrpc_test.html
>
> > > >  Note that the GET_VIDEO_SUBMISSIONS command is only available to
> > > > authenticated administrators by default, which your code would almost
> > > > certainly not be if you're calling it from a random PHP script. You
> > > > can unprotect the command by adding the @NonAdmin decorator above the
> > > > class definition for GetVideoSubmissions.java, following the example
> > > > for GetAssignments.java at
>
> > > >  http://code.google.com/p/youtube-direct/source/browse/trunk/ytd/src/c...
>
> > > > Cheers,
> > > > -Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
> > > > groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
> > > > @YouTubeDev
>
> > > > On Feb 19, 12:56 pm, Aise <chalengine....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > Hi, I would like help in getting out YouTube Video IDs from each
> > > > > YouTube Direct Submission, to be then processed by my own PHP code and
> > > > > stored in my SQL Database. I managed to find the output variables in
> > > > > the VideoSubmission.java file, but i know nothing about Java and don't
> > > > > know how to send them to my PHP code. Thank you very much!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "YouTube APIs Developer Forum" group.
To post to this group, send email to youtube-api-gdata@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to youtube-api-gdata+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment